Livermore has a well-established and distinctive cultural arts identity. The city is home to a large and diverse collection of cultural arts organizations and assets, including a symphony orchestra, opera company, several dance companies, Shakespeare festival, chamber music series, performing arts center, poet laureate, organizations for visual arts, literary arts, vocal music, public television, heritage groups, arts educators, artisans, and many individual artists.
The combination of Livermore's arts, culture, heritage, viticulture, and science form a rich identity and way of life that is clearly acknowledged and celebrated by the community. We encourage you to enjoy these wonderful community resources.
For more information about Livermore Public Art, contact the Office of Innovation and Economic Development at 925-960-4052 or email at email@example.com.
Opportunities for Artists
- View all Opportunities for Artists
- Teen Poet of the Month Contest Deadline was April 30 and the theme was trees and forests. Our winner was Josiah Ventura for the poem, Massive.
- List of Public Art Applicants FY 2018-2019
Public Art Guide
Flying Kites Dedication, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Livermore City Hall, 1052 S. Livermore Avenue, Livermore, CA 94550
Flying Kites is an art sculpture by renowned Colorado metal sculptor Kevin Robb
Poetry at Ravenswood, July 14, 5pm-7pm, Ravenswood Historic Site
Poetry In A Test Tube Awards Ceremony: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 2:00 pm Civic Center Library Storytime Room
- City Special Award Winners of LAA 2018 Spring Art Show
- The Beachcomber by Kerry McGehee (Photography)
- Sometime Somewhere by Sandra Berkson (Acrylic)
- Alviso Adobe by Karen Barry (Graphic & Mixed Media)
- Doodle by Mark Knize (3D)
- Diablo Poppies by Norma Webb (Oil)
- Moon Garden by Tom Alford (Pastel & Drawing)
- Martinez Cove by Herbert Estes (Watercolor)
- High School Senior Art Awards June 2019 winners:
- Visual Arts
- Robert Flauta, Livermore High School
- Aaliyah Gholamipour, Livermore High School
- Jodi Bryant, Granada High School
- Dylan Greenly, Granada High School
- Lindsey Simpson, Granada High School
- Performing Arts
- Elias Barauskas, Livermore High School
- Visual Arts
- Dedication event for Sunday with Jessie by sculptor Susan Geissler, donated by Gary and Nancy Harrington - March 11, 2016 (pictured below, right)
- See photos from the ceremony
Always On by Vicki Jo Sowell installed at Fire Station No. 9 - February 2016 (pictured below, left)
Past Public Arts Projects
- Tree Sweater Forest 2014 Installation Photos
- Utility box Mural Project: 2014 Brochure; 2012 Brochure
- Firehouse Mural (2010)
- Whale Murals (2010)