The Office of Innovation and Economic Development develops and implements programs to achieve City Council goals related to fostering a vibrant, innovation-driven business community. The Office is the primary point of contact with the business community, assisting companies that wish to start, grow, or relocate in Livermore.
Specifically, the Office provides services that support and encourage the creation, growth, and attraction of diverse businesses that provide high quality employment opportunities; endure long-term financial stability through sales tax generation and property value stability; and facilitate desirable private and public amenities and services for residents and visitors.
- 2019 Economic Development Strategic Plan
- October 28, 2019 presentation to the City Council
- April 8, 2019 presentation to the City Council
- July 1996 Economic Development Strategic Plan
We would like to hear from you. For ideas and suggestions, email us anytime at OIED@cityoflivermore.net.
Why Businesses Choose Livermore
Check out the many reasons why businesses choose Livermore as a great place to grow...
- Unlimited Opportunities
- Talented Workforce
- World-Leading Science and Technology Hub
- Strategic Location
- Large Employers / Major Businesses
- Modern Transportation
- Rich History and Culture
- Vibrant Arts Community
- World-Class Tourist Destination
- Affordable Housing
- Outstanding Support and Business Resources