Horizons Family Counseling, a division of the Livermore Police Department, was originally developed in 1973 when the City Manager was awarded a grant for a Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Program. Since its inception, Horizons has expanded to offer a variety of services to Tri-Valley families and their children, including family counseling, case management, and parent training. Presently, the Alameda County Juvenile Probation Department provides approximately half of the funding for Horizons’ services. The other major funding sources are the Cities of Livermore, Pleasanton, and Dublin.
To serve youth and families through counseling, education and support services so they become contributors to the community and find safety, hope and success in life.
Horizons Family Counseling has been helping Tri-Valley families for 47 years by offering a variety of programs and services. Some of which include:
- Family Counseling is available for Tri-Valley youth 18 and under and their families to help improve family relationships in times of stress.
- Crisis Intervention is available for Tri-Valley youth and their families when dealing with issues of running away, truancy, and out-of-control behaviors.
- Case Management is available for Tri-Valley youth and their families.
- On-Site School Counseling is available at some Livermore schools.
- Livermore Police Department Diversion Counseling is available for Livermore youth who qualify following a first-time juvenile offense.
- No workshops currently scheduled