- I Street Parking Garage construction starts early 2020.
- Hotel construction starts 2020.
- Retail construction starts 2020.
- L Street Parking Garage construction starts 2021.
- Housing and cultural facilities to be scheduled in future years.
Schedule current as of November 2019.
For questions related to the Downtown Project, please call 925-960-4400.
Veterans Way Ribbon Cutting
On Sunday, July 28, 2019 the City celebrated the ribbon cutting ceremony for Veterans Way, the new east / west street in Downtown Livermore. The event took place along Veterans Way and within the surface parking area behind First Street Alehouse (Veterans Way runs from South Livermore Avenue to South L Street, between Railroad Avenue and First Street).
The event included a motorcade of vintage cars and military vehicles through Downtown Livermore. The motorcade carried representatives from veteran associations throughout Livermore, Pleasanton, and Dublin, as well as elected officials, members from the Livermore Stockmen’s Rodeo Association, and Livermore Downtown Inc. The program included remarks from Mayor John Marchand and representatives from the Stockmen’s Association, Livermore Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7265, and Livermore Downtown Inc.
A Mobile Vet Center was available to provide outreach and referral services and confidential counseling space for veterans, service members, and their families. Following the ceremony, the vintage and military vehicles were on display along Veterans Way.
Veterans Way is named in honor of the veteran community and the countless contributions veterans have made to ensure the safety and well-being of all. This two-way street runs from South Livermore Avenue to South L Street. It provides diagonal parking and convenient access to nearby amenities, including businesses and the future Stockmen’s Park.
L Street Parking Garage
- 5 levels of parking space
- Approx. 500 garage parking spaces with 20-25 ADA spaces, 30 electric vehicle spaces, and 30 bicycle spaces
- 48 surface parking spaces with 3 ADA spaces (behind First Street businesses)
- State-of-the-art parking technology